With summer almost upon us, you may be considering taking a family vacation. However, with the price of fuel at its highest, you may have to limit your summer vacation to three or four days. To this end, here are ten cheap places to go for summer vacation.
1. Las Vegas. With air fare and two-night hotel accommodations, prices can range from $161.00 to $465.00 per person. There are discount air prices for kids as well as free room accommodations for them. This is a great place to take kids since the meals are very affordable and there are plenty of sights and activities available for both kids and adults.
2. Hawaii. There are currently all-inclusive packages available for a four-night stay in Oahu. Prices start at $752.00 per person. Again, there should be an airline discount for children as well as free room accommodations.
3. Mexico City. With airfare and four-night hotel accommodation, prices start at $454.00 per person. Meals will be affordable and there are plenty of activities for kids, as well as cultural sights the entire family will enjoy.
4. The Bahamas. Not only is this a friendly island, but inexpensive as well. For four-night hotel accommodation including airfare, you can expect to pay a minimum of $560.00 per person per adult. This is another great place to relax and enjoy a myriad of activities.
5. Barbados. Affordable at $587.00 per person, you can enjoy four nights at the Palms Resort with your kids. This is a beautiful island that offers rest and relaxation as well as activities your kids will enjoy.
6. The Grand Cayman Islands. This is a wonderful and affordable destination for the entire family. For airfare and a four-night stay, prices start at $684.00 per person. Again, kids can fly at discounted prices and enjoy room accommodations either for free or at a low discount.
7. Orlando. No doubt your kids will display much excitement upon learning they are going to Disney World. For a three-night stay including airfare, the prices begin at $302.00 per person.
8. You can check online for theme park tickets offered at discount prices. Or you may choose to book a property that has a room with a kitchenette so that you save on dining out.
9. Time Share Property. If you have a friend or relative who owns a time share and doesnt plan on using it all summer, this would be a great time to inquire if it is available for a few days or longer. The money you can save would be immeasurable since it probably has kitchen facilities.
10. Europe. While this may sound expensive, summer travel to Europe can be affordable. As long as you book a month or more in advance, you can take advantage of special deals offered by the airlines as well as hotels or inns.
With gas prices at $4.00 a gallon, taking a trip during the summer vacation may be limited to three or four days. But, you can make the most of this time away by choosing a destination that offers fun activities for kids, affordable accommodations that include kitchenettes, and checking online to find discount tickets as well as booking sightseeing tours in advance.