With more foreclosures now than ever before, America’s weak real estate market seems to set new dismal records each month. But smart real estate investors are turning these ‘lemons’ into ‘lemonade’ in an incredibly profitable new way.
The new opportunity is known as ‘Bulk REO Investing’ or ‘REO Package Investing’ and it’s a huge opportunity.
Take a just a minute to consider the basics of this highly profitable business.
You can’t understand Bulk REO Investments without understanding the process of foreclosure.
As a borrower becomes increasingly behind in his mortgage, the lender regularly calls and writes the borrower with default warnings and threats. The formal process of foreclosure begins at the lender’s discretion. Between the formal beginning of the foreclosure process and the public auction is the ‘preforeclosure’ period.
The defaulted property is ultimately auctioned, thus completing the foreclosure process. If there are no buyers for the property at auction, the property is returned to the lender. The lender then categorizes the property as ‘Real Estate Owned’ – or ‘REO’ for short.
Lenders usually try to unload their REO properties at close to retail price by listing their REO’s with a real estate broker. Yet with increasing frequency, REO properties are being sold for pennies or dimes on the dollar. This happens because the buyer of the REO is required to purchase multiple REO’s in a single transaction.
Qualified real estate investors are increasingly finding once-in-a-lifetime opportunities in these REO packages. The most successful Bulk REO Investors will have a well-respected source of funding for their transactions. Some sources of funding for these transactions are: personal funds, hard money lenders, commercial lenders and non-conventional sources such as private investors and hedge funds. Additionally, one man is becoming very well known in the field of bulk REO investing, and his name is Salvatore Bushemi of Dandrew Capital Partners, a hedge fund in New York.
A great resource: Stop Foreclosure Houston
To Stop Foreclosure in nearly any city in the United States of America, there are basically only a few legitimate options. Some of these youll know, and some will be brand new to you.
Here are a few directions you can take:
- Sell your house prior to the foreclosure auction. The value of this idea will vary heavily depending on the nature and quality of your local real estate market. If you’re in a market that still has very slow resale rates, selling your home could be a challenge. Ask a local real estate agent to determine the average number of days on the market for properties in your area.
- Initiate a loan modification. A loan modification is a process through which your lender changes the payment terms of your loan to more closely match your ability to pay. While this is not a guarantee, loan modifications have become more popular in the last 12 months.
- Refinance the property. If you are not yet fully into the foreclosure process but have reason to expect you will fall behind on your payments, it may be wise to try to refinance your mortgage to a lower rate. If your property is worth less than the balance of the mortgage, youll want to inquire regarding a short refinance, which is when a lender forgives a portion of the debt against you in order for you to refinance your property and pay off the remainder of the debt you owe.
When you’re trying to stop a foreclosure, the key is fast action.
Warning: Be very wary of people who aggressively attempt to purchase your home for investment purposes. While there are many legitimate real estate investors, there has been a significant amount of fraud with Stop Foreclosure scams, and it is wise to be very, very careful.
Please remember: The crisis you now face will soon be over. As a foreclosure survivor myself, Id like to encourage you to remain hopeful, and to understand that your future does not equal your past!
Thanks for reading this information about how to stop foreclosure. I hope youve found value here.
Real estate investing probably makes you think of a number of things. You may think of real estate investing as real estate portfolios and real estate retirement plans, or you might focus on short sales, bulk reo investing and virtual real estate investing. You probably also wonder how these things play out in real estate investors life in the current economy.
You will need to know a lot about real estate investing. To get the most out of real estate investing education, be familiar with basic information ahead of time. Short sales, bulk reo sales, virtual real estate and general real estate investor abilities all are improved by knowing some basics of real estate investing. Review these three real estate investing basics that even some experts dont yet know:
1. Real estate investing education is a true investment that always has a positive yield. In any real estate deal, there will be thousands of dollars in potential wealth. The knowledge of how to get that wealth is the key to your success. Learning as much as possible about real estate will increase your odds of success whenever you do a real estate deal. Implementation of your small educational investments yields big results.
2. You can succeed in real estate investing regardless of the state of the economy. Often people think that you can only be a success in real estate when the economy is good. In reality, poor economies are great for real estate investors. Likely you will be able to find properties at deep discounts. In addition, you can find deals that simply would not exist in a booming economy. Real estate investing often is what turns the tide for poor economies. Short sales, bulk reo sales and virtual real estate all thrive when the economy is less than thriving. You can save yourself from financial difficulty along with others by knowing how to do these deals.
3. You will not need lots of money to be a successful real estate investor. You can make real estate investing a success regardless of how much money you have. There are lots of deals that you can use other peoples money to do. If you look like a good investment a private lender may let you use their money. A person who is a solid investment knows as much as possible about real estate investing. This will help you show private lenders that you are a good investment if they do not know about real estate investing themselves.
Real estate investing is a good way to generate a great deal of wealth. You will be able to create an income no matter what the economy. Using knowledge of real estate investing, short sales, bulk reo sales and virtual real estate you will be able to create success for yourself. Real estate investing basic knowledge will help you succeed as a real estate investor.
A number of things likely come to mind when you think of real estate investing. Depending on how familiar you are with real estate investing already, you might think of real estate portfolios and real estate retirement plans, or you might focus on short sales, bulk reo investing and virtual real estate investing. You may also wonder what type of role these things can play in your life as a real estate investor in different types of economy.
There is a lot to learn about real estate investing. The best way to get the most out of your real estate investing education is to be familiar with some basic information ahead of time. No matter whether you are interested in short sales, bulk reo sales, virtual real estate or just enhancing your knowledge as a real estate investor, knowing some real estate investing basics will help you succeed. You should review these three real estate investing basics to learn things even some experts do not know:
1. You will always get a positive yield with real estate investing education. In any real estate deal, there will be thousands of dollars in potential wealth. The knowledge of how to get that wealth is the key to your success. Learning as much as possible about real estate will increase your odds of success whenever you do a real estate deal. Implementation of your small educational investments yields big results.
2. You can succeed in real estate investing in any economy. Many people think that you can only succeed in real estate when the economy is booming. You should remember that a bad economic situation is not usually bad for real estate investors. Likely you will be able to find properties at deep discounts. Also, you might find deals that simply could not exist in a booming economy. Real estate investing may also turn the tide for a poor economy. When the economy is not thriving, short sales, bulk reo sales and virtual real estate can all thrive. You can save yourself from financial difficulty along with others by knowing how to do these deals.
3. You do not need lots of your own cash to be a successful real estate investor. You can succeed in the real estate investing arena no matter how much money you are working with. There are lots of deals that you can use other peoples money to do. If you are a good investment private lenders may let you use their money. An investor who is a good investment knows as much as they can when it comes to real estate investing. This will help you represent yourself as a good investment to private lenders who do not know how to make money in real estate investing.
Real estate investing is a great way to generate wealth. You can create income regardless of the economy. You can create your own success using your knowledge of short sales, real estate investing, bulk reo sales and virtual real estate. Knowing some real estate investing basics and applying them will help you succeed as a real estate investor.